Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We Got A Lid

Much more progress today as the house now has a roof!  No more windows and no staircase yet, so we still haven't seen the second floor, but the progress is incredible.




6 comments:

  1. My jealousy is increasing rapidly! Guess what I found when I drove out to my lot? Nothing. Still no framing =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's horrible! I can't fathom why they would keep telling you it's going to happen when clearly it isn't happening. Is your PM keeping you in the loop as to what's going on, at least?

      Delete
    2. Yes he is. That's the worst part. The last two days he told me the framers were out there laying the framing out to get started. We drove out there both days and the framing hasn't been touched. I got mad and texted the PM. He said they were out there but left to go help on another house.

      Delete
    3. Not that you're asking for advice, but I'd probably start asking for daily updates until you see some real progress. You are paying a lot for this house and to get 2 weeks off track in the schedule without proper communication is unacceptable.

      Delete
    4. We have been in constant communication. He keeps telling me the framers are out there. I drive out and their gone. Then I text him and he tells me they had to leave for some reason. He keeps trying to tell me to wait until Monday to visit because I will see real progress by then. I keep telling him that I'm trying to make a progression video of the house built from the ground up so I want to be there the FIRST day they frame. I don't want to show up and the whole exterior is framed! I'm so discouraged right now.

      Delete
  2. Not to take away from your progress though! Everything looks great! I'm still excited to see how your powder room and study are going to look with your non-standard request! The study in the Yorkshire is so big anyway. I'm sure you will have plenty of space in there still!

    ReplyDelete