Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Framing Has Begun

Considering we never had a chance to walk through a Yorkshire model and made this purchase based on a floorplan and virtual tour, today was kind of a big deal.  It was the first opportunity any of us had to get a feel for the size and layout of this home.  And it was awesome.  There was only one concern regarding the main floor powder room.  It was upgraded to a full bath; however, it appears that it was only framed for a powder room.  I made a quick call to our PM, just in case, so we'll see what he says.  Maybe we were just misinterpreting what we saw.  Either way, we're not overly concerned because we trust they will make it work.  Now, on to some pics!



Study - Opening is for Bay Window

Family Room with 4' Bumpout, fireplace on rear wall and 2 extra windows on side wall

Morning Room

Morning Room single door exit toward future dog yard

Morning Room slider exit toward future people yard

One more view of the study

Standing on the front porch looking out


Standing in the family room looking toward the kitchen and morning room

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the doors off each side of the morning room! Your neighborhood is beautiful. I'm sure they'll get the framing fixed for the downstairs bath if it's not correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to start framing today!! A full bath on the first floor? Was that a non-standard request? We didn't have that option. Why do you want a full bath there? I might have to come over to admire your bay window! My husband talked me out of mine and I totally regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the bath was non-standard, as was the slider off the opposite wall of the morning room. The full bath on the main floor is for convenience. With 5 bedrooms upstairs and a study on the main level, the house should really have at least 3 full bathrooms. The advantage of putting a full bath on the main level is to accommodate guests as the study is going to be a guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to add a shower to our basement powder room, but again, my hubby talked me out of it. So where do they take the extra space from to accomodate for a shower?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They bumped it out into the study (it's about 2'x5')...so imagine a bathtub sitting in the study with a wall built around it. They also rotated the toilet and sink so that when you open the door to the bathroom as you walk back toward the tub, you'll first pass the sink, then the toilet, and then the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see pictures of that when it's finished! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely takes away from the study a bit, but it's a good trade-off in our case. I'm looking forward to seeing your update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard resisting the urge to drive out there and check it out since they started our framing today! I promised my husband that I would wait for him to get home. If it wasn't 30 minutes away I would probably sneak a quick trip.

    What state are you guys building in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received your response in an e-mail instead of on here. I replied to it but I'm not sure if you got it. What city are you building in? We are building Pataskala!

      Delete