Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 68 - Almost Home!

Paint, trim, lights, toilets & stain!  This week was pretty exciting.  The painters did some serious work this week on the walls and trim.  There are still parts of the house that will need touch-up paint, and there are some drywall issues, so the painters will undoubtedly return.  But overall, it looks great.  Now that trim, cabinetry and light fixtures have made their way into the house, we have some concerns.  Last weekend someone came out to measure for blinds and there were some discrepancies in the window measurements in a few rooms.  Some windows were off by as much as an inch in the top and bottom widths of the windows.  With inside-mount blinds, this will need to be addressed.  The pony wall between the master garden tub and the vanity looks like it was horribly crafted.  Then, the ceiling in the basement staircase is visibly crooked.  And where the rear morning room wall meets the ceiling, the line appears crooked, as well.  Overall, it looks like the drywall was rushed and there was little attention to detail in many areas.  We haven't been very picky during this process, and our expectations were that drywall wouldn't be perfect - but we expected better than what we see right now.  Our PM seems to  have pretty high standards, so we are confident that he will address these issues as well as possible when we bring them to his attention next week.  Other issues regarding the light fixtures are likely way past the point of correction and I would assume are just design flaws.  The recessed light outside the master bedroom isn't centered with the double doors to the master and it looks like it really should  be.  It's visibly VERY off center, so I would imagine it was done purposefully.  Then there's the entry "chandelier".  It's right in line with the light in the hall leading to the kitchen, but very visibly off center from the width of the front door.  I have never seen an entry chandelier not centered on the front door.  That is an easy enough fix as we are planning to replace it and can just install a hook and drape the new chandelier to the appropriate place.  Finally, there is another recessed light right outside the pantry off the kitchen.  It's sitting too far to the right and looks a little silly.  Again, I don't care too much, and I wouldn't expect it to be repositioned at this point.  Aside from these issues, there are very very few others, and none worth mentioning as there is still time for them to be addressed via caulking.  Overall, we are very pleased with everything.















5 comments:

  1. Your house looks gorgeous! I really like the paint color! I remember Mike P, The Yorkshire Endeavor blogger said that his windows were off too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is absolutely beautiful! I love the staircase, molding and kitchen. The front of your house looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Us! I love your home--it's beautiful!! You did a great job with the selections! I love the espresso staircase! What color is your lightening package? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow your progress, please click on the join this site button on my blog at ricknadase.blogspot.com. Thank you so much..I am missing on the action on your home. I usually stumble upon it from another site. Thank you so much! Nadase

      Delete