Thursday, May 31, 2012

Brick & Dirt

This week has been spent moving dirt.  The future yard looks fantastic so far.  We can see the outline of the future walkway from the driveway to the front door.  The backyard is fairly flat, sloping toward the rear of the yard to assist with drainage.  And brick was delivered.  I think this is probably the brick that will be used to wrap around the exposed exterior basement walls.  This development does a top to bottom brick wrap, so there will be no exposed cement.  The house a few lots down got their roof this week and we're still waiting for them to start excavating the lot next door.  Here are some pics...







4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Our development also comes with brick-to-grade. It seems like a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we got the brick wrap. Ours is just on the front and then it just wraps about one row down the sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One row, top to bottom that is. Not on the foundation.

      Delete
  3. I should clarify. Siding goes on 3 sides, but they do a basement brick wrap on all 4 exposed sides - if I understood them correctly. And I believe they said they wrap the brick just slightly onto the sides - maybe by 2 feet.

    ReplyDelete